Thursday, June 18, 2009

Overcomer

In joy my soul's cut loose for flight
for otherwise circumstances might
cause distress.

Striving to exceed our harmonious best
exercising faith when we are stressed
to glorify Him.

Performance of tasks doesn't make me secure
Established as I am in His character I am sure
of His regard.

The work I do with pleasure does not come
from fear of His judgement, unlike some
who don't trust Him.

Not given to me to understand
is God's deep purpose when He demands
our obedience.

Give me strength to move forward, Lord
to diligently study and branish the sword
of Your Word.

Not from exhaustion will I make my choice.
Increase my strength when I chose to voice
Your praises.

It's always appropriate to express my thanks
first of all to the one who ranks
highest of all.

In Him I am sure of a victory won
by lifting Him up I have overcome
the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment