Thursday, February 12, 2009

End to Beginning

My youthful strength is spent.
Beauty has faded to dust and ashes.
Power and enthusiasm must be replaced
with knowledge and determination.
As I feel the cold looming shadow
I realize that the transition is a doorway.
You are far larger that all my fears.
For what other barrier is there,
than that one You decree,
to seperate me from seeing Your face,
save my eyes of flesh?
Should You call me to abandon this temple,
as the mockingbird now sings to me
of the peace of Your presence,
so allow that I might hear the angels
as I approach the threshold, singing
so my soul may understand
and experience immeasurable joy
in the last victory over stuggle and pain
traded for glory and freedom.

1 comment:

  1. This is very pretty. Speaks to me, as I've been having a hard time dealing with being 46.

    ReplyDelete