Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mercy's Child

You know me more intimately than any lover,
my sister, or my mother.
You inhabit the temple of my flesh.
Your Spirit permeates my body,
enclosed in and surrounded as I am
in the sea of Your love.
Ribbons of warmth radiate ouward
from my fingertips,
a tactile representation
of my powerful feelings of wellbeing.
If we never feel the lack,
then we can never experience the wanting.
What a blessing to clearly see our sad condition!
To realize our need is to become involved
in the birth of our own passion.
To put passion into constructive action
developes a soaring joy
not bound to or limited by earthly laws.
I live, right now, in a story
of Your glory and love in action.
Your extraordinary essence
is revealed in ordinary people.
I share this heritage: Work progressing :
An education in humility and honor.
There is nothing that can be offered to me,
nothing found that is equal,
to the immensity of Your person
and the gifts that You give to me.
You are worth any price.
I serve the Ancient of Days
In return You instruct me on how to truly live
and deepen my understanding.
I have learned this:
The pain and strugle of the now
only serve to make Your ultimate victory
more complete and all encompassing.
You want us to share in Your joy.
My spirit is gratified to abide
in the knowledge of Your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment